1. Black History Month Playlist – In celebration of Black History Month, we curated a Spotify playlist that puts the spotlight on some of our favorite and most legendary artists that helped shape the music and culture of today.
Plus these #TBT quotes from some of our favorite African-American musicians:
— SOL REPUBLIC (@SOLREPUBLIC) February 3, 2017
2. The 48th Annual NAACP Image Awards – We were lucky enough to be one of the few at the gifting suite for the NAACP Image Awards in Pasadena. Actors, actresses and musicians came through and learned about all the features of Amps Air and took a pair with them for upcoming musical adventures.
3. The 59th Annual Grammy Awards starring Chance The Rapper. Chance has changed the way the music industry recognizes what the people are listening to. Although he’s not the first to make music for free and give it to the fans, he was the first artist to win a Grammy without EVER selling an album. Watch his acceptance speech below after he won Best New Artist.
4. Superbowl LI in Houston, Texas was quite a show. From the comeback victory of the New England Patriots to Lady Gaga’s epic halftime performance, we truly realized just how many HITS Lady Gaga has had over the years (and that we knew more of the words than we thought we like to admit).
5. New music! This month we brought you Fresh Music Fridays Volumes 32 – 35. Some of our favorite tracks that dropped this month include: LA Riots – Real Love, REZZ x KD – Fourth Impact, K.Flay – Black Wave, NERVO – In Your Arms, Dirtyphonics EP – Night Ride, StéLouse – Lovers, Borgore – Harder, Noise Cans – Caan Dun, Russ – Take It All In, Calvin Harris – Slide, Laidback Luke – XOXO, Thundercat’s Album – Drunk and Deorro – Tell Me Lies. Catch up on the new music below and follow our Spotify playlist so you never miss new fire for your ears.
What were some of your favorite moments in Feb? Tweet them to us at @SOLREPUBLIC